How Much Does Tub to Shower Conversion Cost?
Do you have an old, dirty, tub that you use to shower as quickly as possible before getting out? If so, there’s a way that you can use that space a little more wisely—invest in a tub to shower conversion! After all, if you’re not taking long, leisurely baths, there is no real reason to have a bathtub where you can have a sleek and luxurious shower instead. So, let’s get down to brass tax: how much does a tub to shower conversion cost? The answer is, well, that it depends. Let’s dive in to the details:
What Factors Determine the Cost of a Tub-to-Shower Conversion?
A tub-to-shower conversion can be an excellent investment, but it is good to get an idea of the total cost before you commit to such a bathroom remodeling project. While you won’t be able to get an exact number until you commit to a company that provides you with a quote, some of the factors that will affect the cost may include:
- Concrete work to make a bed for the shower floor
- Changes to walls to comply with local building codes
- Changes to relocate the lines for tub-to-shower plumbing conversions
- New lines of plumbing for a showerhead or multiple heads
Of course, the cost for you to convert your tub to a shower will also depend on the product that you choose. Luxury styles, such as natural stone tile, will cost more for materials and installation, and custom styles and additions will also need to be taken into account. Fortunately, some companies now offer tub-to-shower conversions using shower systems made from acrylic, a more cost-effective option that can even imitate the look of these pricier materials.
One-Day Tub-to-Shower Conversions
If you’re considering having a tub-to-shower conversion performed in your home, turn to the professionals at BathWraps. We can convert your tub to a shower in as little as one day, so you’ll be showering in your sleek, comfortable, and convenient shower before you know it! Our showers are made of nonporous acrylic, so they won’t fade, stain, or become susceptible to mold or mildew growth, which also makes them easy to maintain and exceptionally long lasting. What’s more, choosing BathWraps for your easy tub-to-shower conversion means that:
- You’ll be able to customize your new shower by choosing the right color, pattern, and texture to suit your style preferences
- Since a walk-in shower is virtually barrier-free, your home will be a safer, more accessible space for any elderly or mobility-impaired guests or members of your household
- Additional functional features can be added as well to make your shower space truly your own, including options like storage shelving, built-in shower seats, grab bars, and more
Get Started Today
While the cost of a tub-to-shower conversion may vary, there’s one simple way to ensure you get the best value for your remodeling dollar: choose BathWraps. Contact us today to learn more about the tub to shower conversions we offer. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with more information, as well as get you connected with a trusted BathWraps dealer near you.